I guess it’s just going to be a strange fall no matter WHAT part of the country you live in! We are all trying to make the best of it and enjoy the changing seasons (whatever they are changing from or to!) Fall is my favorite season, so I really am hoping that we get some ‘normal’ fall-like weather at some point and we will definitely still try to enjoy the tasty treats that just can’t be left out!
Our fall ‘must-have’ list includes:
- A trip to Greenbluff for apple picking (This is usually on, or around my late Sept birthday. This year we made it up the first weekend of Oct w/family friends only to be welcomed by bitter cold rain, but we picked apples anyways!)
- Make some Chai tea mix … I’ve been enjoying the last of the HUGE double batch that I made last year, but the stock needs to be replenished.
- Enjoying pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin sausage soup (not together) … seems that pumpkin recipes are a good theme this week!
- Knit or crochet something. While I do this year round, there is something nice about making something warm when it is so cold outside. My latest project is this. I made one for our daughter due on Dec 31st, and I’m working on one for my 2 1/2 year old too!
- Go for walks and admire all the different leaves – shapes, sizes and colors! I guess this year our walks will involve winter coats, mittens and scarves!
- Find a routine! I feel the need to get back into a routine now that the weather is changing to be a little less outdoor friendly. So my goal is to settle back into a routine (or maybe make a new one!) now that vacations are done and school year activities have been going for a month.
- This year my fall list includes painting the 2 kids bedrooms. One will be the nursery come January and the other my son and daughter have been sharing in all it’s purpleness for the last year! I’d love to get some mint green paint on the walls in the nursery and I’m still looking for inspiration for a boy/girl room! Any ideas for a gender shared bedroom??