Seriously now ladies, I have a complete LOVE for the pumpkin. I love the color, the smell, the TASTE….I love it in coffee, bread, pancakes, muffins, cookies, ice cream, smoothies, in cheesecake, and of course…in PIE. :-) With that in mind, my “must do before Fall leaves us!” list is this:
- Bake some chocolate chip pumpkin cookies.
- Make some pumpkin bread (per my son’s request)
- Pay WAY TOO MUCH for a couple Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks
- Enjoy a fat-free Pumpkin smoothie from Burgerville. YUM.
- Roast me some seeds!
- Buy some outrageously priced pumpkin butter from a local grower…and then eat it on some pumpkin pancakes.
I also plan to do some things that don’t include the wonderful pumpkin:
- Make a batch of the Chai Tea Mix (I really did have this in mind BEFORE Andie’s post!)
- Head to Hood River and enjoy the Fruit Loop!
- Put flannel sheets on the beds (ahhh, so cozy…)
- Get a family photo taken (I’ve got 5-10 more lbs to lost before I’m willing to schedule this one, I’m aiming to get there BEFORE Christmas…)
- Clean up our espresso machine – this little appliance has the potential to save us a lot of money through the cooler months…we definitely did not take full advantage of it last fall/winter.
- Chop down the big ugly bush/tree thing that is next to our house.
I think that’s it for now…
What are you going to do?