Summer activities we enjoy…
- play in the mud… since you can just hose the kids down take this opportunity to let them get as dirty as possible!
- picnic as much as possible
- family game of whiffle ball
- we try to go on at least 1 fun adventure per week in the summer which usually involves exploring new parks all over the metro area, if you have some kind of moms network you can find some really cool parks that you had no idea existed
- wading pools – all of my kids really enjoy these public pools
- Farmers markets to buy local produce and hang out
- plant flowers with the kids
- search for the Best local ice cream shop :)
- long nature walks – Minneapolis is so cool in that they have many hiking trails in the city where the kids can explore wetlands, bird sanctuaries, lakes, gardens, etc.
- side walk chalk
- bike rides
- long play dates
- spray paint craft projects – we recently have been painting (a chair and wall decorations for the girls room)
- finger painting – get a long roll of paper and lots of different color paint and let the kids go at it! So fun!