With a few modifications this salad has become our favorite! During the summer I like to make a salad early in the day or the day before and then just grill at night. I also love salads that are not mayo based :) This makes a lot of salad so feel free to halve it.
4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, Optional
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, beans, tomato, corn, pepper and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, peppers, sugar, cumin and salt. Pour over the rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate salad for 30 minutes. Top with avocado just before serving.